Security At Special Events And Functions: The Top 5 Security Types For Public Events
At some stage in any person’s life, they may have attended some or other public event, i.e. a rugby match, a music festival, a craft fair or a concert. With any of these types of public events, Security is of the utmost importance.
“Sporting events, fairs, festivals, concerts, conferences, fund raisers, political campaigns, and exhibitions, by their very nature attract crowds and may also become targets for crimes such as theft, robbery, assault and terrorism. These events become bigger targets as crowds assemble and grow. They may also become opportunities for special interest groups to publicly demonstrate. Poor event planning, management, crowd control, security, and ineffective emergency response, increase the likelihood of injuries, property damage and even catastrophic attacks.”
The Top 5 Security Types For Public Events
There are different aspects to consider when planning Public Events. The Security should be focused on the following elements:
- Monitoring Guest List, Allowing Only Approved Personnel Entrance
- You will need to have some specialised Security to assist in this regard and ensure that they are aware of who is working at the event. They should be provided with the necessary tools and documentation to be able to perform this function.
- Parking Lot Security, Keeping An Eye On Cars, And Guests’ Valuables
- Security Personnel should be vigilant in this regard and know how to deter any culprits who may want to cause a stir.
- Offer To Call A Cab For Guests Who Are Unable To Drive Home
- Some Security Services may include the monitoring of guests to ensure that they do not drive while under the influence; and provide them with a service to call a family member, friend or a cab service to drive them home.
- Call EMS Services In The Case Of A Medical Situation
- In the event that a medical situation may occur, it would be good to have Security Personnel on site who can contact the relevant EMS services to assist with this type of situation, as well as manage the crowd and prevent them from interfering with a possibly bad medical case.
- Provide A Visible Deterrent To Any Would-Be Intruders
- The most important of all, is having Security Personnel that are visible to all guests as well as any culprits who may want to cause trouble at your Public Event. These Personnel should be dressed in uniform and depending on your requirements based on your risk assessment of the event, carry fire arms.
How Does Mantis Security Ensure Safety At Special Events And Functions?
Mantis Security can provide a full range of bespoke corporate and special event security services with guaranteed professionalism and reliability. Our corporate event security services are individually tailored to our client’s requirements and our expert security operations are thoroughly planned with your team and all stakeholders, including police and other local authorities.
We have a wealth of experience in providing special in-depth management of your event including the build/breakdown phases of your event, health and safety measures, admittance of authorized personnel and guests, parking restrictions, overnight security and more. We also provide the highest calibre of guards and stewards who are well-trained, courteous and vigilant in their duties.
To find out more about staying safe at a Public Event, click here.
To read more about The Importance of Having Security at Your Events, click here.
All opinions expressed in this article are not the onus of the publisher nor supplier.